Talent for Governance Training Programme for Civil Servants in Netherlands
Talent for Governance is The Hague Academy’s talent programme providing practice oriented learning experiences for young, talented local government practitioners and supporting them in implementing community projects in their home country.
Under the Talent for Governance programme, The Hague Academy aims to enable young civil servants from developing countries and Eastern European (non-EU) countries to participate in a specially designed exercise which provides opportunities for knowledge exchange and training so that they can develop their skills and realise their ambitions.
The Programme generally consists of four different components that are all connected by an overall theme: a practical training course at The Hague Academy, a short internship at a Dutch local government, network activities and the back-home-action plan.
Eligible Groups: Citizens of ANY developing country
Participating Institutions: The Hague Academy for Local Governance, The Hague, Netherlands
Number of awards: The number of placements will depend on the funds and internship placements in Dutch local governments.
Sponsorship Duration: The training is a three weeks programme.
Application is possible if you:
– work for a local government (not an NGO or private enterprise) e.g. district, municipality, city, region, province, water board etc.;
– work in one of the countries listed on the DAC country list;
– be 37 years of age or younger when you apply;
– have at least two years of work experience in local governance and prove your commitment to work there for at least two years more;
– speak and understand the English language well (all programmes are in English);
– be able to write down and orally defend your motivation for and relevance of the specific programme;
– be able to identify an issue/project as a real life case within the theme of the programme for which you will write a Back Home Action Plan during the Talent programme;
– have written support of your employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back Home Action Plan when you return home.
Fields of Study:
The Talent programme is organised two or three times a year. All talent programmes are organised around a different local governance theme, linked to the theme of the training course that will be followed at The Hague Academy for Local Governance.
– The Talent for Governance programme is almost completely cost covering.
– The talent programme covers cost of tuition fee, travel costs, accommodation and living expenses in The Netherlands.
– The talent must cover any additional costs from their own resources, and also contribute 100-200 Euros to their programme costs.
How To Apply:
To apply for the talent programme candidates need to choose one of the programme themes. These themes are based on the topics of the training course at The Hague Academy which is part of the talent programme.
All applications must be on the online application form. Please do not submit a separate application form for the specific training course of your choice through the official website.
To apply for the Talent Programme only the online application form of Talent for Governance will be considered!!!! Only applications made through the online application form will be considered.
Visit the official Talent for Governance Scholarship Page for more information.
The Talent programme is organised two or three times a year. In 2016 it will be organised three times but there will be just one application period.
The next application period for the 2017 programme will start October 14th 2016 until the deadline for submission of applications on November 18th 2016 (24.00 CET)