2017 PhD Scholarship in Synthetic Biology at Tianjin University, China
The University of Queensland is offering scholarship to Domestic and International students to study at Tianjin University in China. The scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate Research.
The aim of the scholarship is to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the subjects of Synthetic Biology.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover RTP rate with $10,000 top up and return economy airfare for period spent at Tianjin University.
Nationality: Domestic or International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Study Location: China
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
– Be able to spend at least 12 months at Tianjin University in China during your candidature.
– Be a domestic or international student studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
– Be assessed by the UQ Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
– Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
– Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQRS rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
– A part-time student, who is resident on a temporary resident visa, with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How To Apply:
Candidates should submit Applications online. Enter the following fields as follows:
Under Research Higher Degree Supervisor: Please nominate Associate Professor Linda Lua, at the Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology.
Under Program Details: Please select the Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, as your enrolling UQ institute.
Under the Scholarship and Sponsorship section: Please ensure you indicate here that you are applying for the Scholarship in Synthetic Biology with Tianjin University (Biosecurity)
For more information about this scholarship and to apply, visit the Application Page.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2017