Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries at University of Edinburgh 2017-18
The Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at University of Edinburgh is delighted to offer a number of Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries for 2017/18 academic session. Scholars from around the world are welcome to apply.
They will be participating in postdoctoral program in any area of the Humanities and Social Sciences. A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows. The closing date of application is 30 April 2017.
Each of the winning fellows may expect to receive the benefits as follow:
– Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three to ten months
– Bursary of up to a maximum of £10,000
– Dedicated office space and University e-mail and library access
– An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to the Fellows’ research interests
– Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community
– Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas
– Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College
– Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia etc at the Institute
Field/Area of Study: Postdoctoral program in Humanities and Social Sciences.
Study Location: Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at University of Edinburgh in the UK.
Eligible Nationality: There is no nationality restriction.
Eligibility and Criteria:
– We warmly welcome applications from both within and beyond the University of Edinburgh.
– Applicants must have been awarded a doctorate at the time of application, and normally within the last three years (you must be able to produce a transcript, testamur, or a letter of completion/eligibility to graduate as part of your application).
– You should not have held a permanent position at a university, or a previous Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Studies.
– Those who have held temporary and / or short term appointments are eligible to apply.
How To Apply:
Please ensure that you supply a valid email address so that you can be contacted quickly after decisions are made.
Please complete the online application form.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2017.