International Merit Undergraduate Scholarship at Iowa State University – USA
Iowa State University, USA is awarding International Merit Scholarship to students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
The Iowa State University, USA is offering the International Merit Scholarship for Fresh and transfer Undergraduate students all around the world.
The International Merit Scholarship is awarded to students who have outstanding talent and have demonstrated leadership and strong academic achievement.
Scholarship Worth: $8,000/$4,000 and Freshmen and Transfer applicants are eligible for the award.
Eligible Nationalities: International students
Incoming international freshmen applicants and international transfer applicants with fewer than 66 transferable semester credits.
- Applicants must be an international student.
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Incoming international transfer applicants will have not more than 66 transferable semester credits
There are two international Merit Scholarship levels (see below). Freshmen and transfer applicants are eligible for both levels of awards.
|Gold||$8,000/year (renewable) *|
|Cardinal||$4,000/year (renewable) *|
- Freshman recipients will be funded for a maximum of 8 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
- Transfer recipients will be funded for a maximum of 5 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
- The SAT is not required, but if submitted, it will be considered
- A resume or CV listing your achievements
- One letter of recommendation
- A 500-word essay. You may write something that will help the committee get to know you better and tell us why you deserve the award, or you may answer one of the questions provided on the scholarship application form
- Applicants must be international students and must have completed an international application for admission
How To Apply:
Applicants must submit the Undergraduate Application for Admission and all required transcripts, financial documents, and examination results before you may apply for the International Merit Scholarship.
Once you have submitted your application for admission, you may then complete the International Merit Scholarship Application Form. Please be sure to use your name exactly as it is entered on your application for admission so that we can match your scholarship application to your undergraduate application.
You will use this form to upload your current resume or CV (in PDF format), type your essay, and send the letter of recommendation form to the person you have asked to provide it. (These items must all be submitted using this form. We will not accept any scholarship materials via email or post.)
Visit the Official Webpage for more information about the scholarship.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2017